An Android application that as of now only comes pre-installed on the Google HTC Nexus One, is the 3D Gallery that’s developed by Cooliris. Forbes said it’s “as dazzling as it gets on a mobile screen”, and I’ve always thought the Cooliris app looked quite, well… cool. That’s why I was glad to find out that the Nexus One’s 3D Gallery can be installed on other Android 2.1 devices, like my HTC Desire, courtesy of the xda-developers. Here’s how you install it on your phone.
- Download the 3D Gallery app and extract the compressed archive on your computer. This will result in Gallery3D.apk.
- Connect your device to your computer using the USB-cable.
- Slide down the notification bar (window shade) on your phone, and select the disk drive connection type.
- This will allow you to access the memory card via your computer’s file manager. Copy the file Gallery3D.apk to your phone’s memory card.
- On your phone, locate the .apk-file with a file manager like Linda or Astro, launch it and choose to install the application.
- That’s it, you’ll now have an app called Gallery in All programs – press the icon to start the 3D Gallery.
- Check out the video below to see what the app looks like.